Sunday 26 June 2011

'Now it's time to look back and realise what you have lost along the way'

On Friday, I graduated from high school. I have been with the same people for the last nine years and now it's all coming to end. The graduation ceremony was a goodbye from my side but people seem to want things to continue, into a something called, forever. I don't think our friendships can be forever, maybe only with a few of them, especially as we all have different goals in life, we all want to do different things, live in different places and it will be very hard to continue being just how we are now. 


Since I started nine years ago, I have been through all kind of experiences; drama, laughter, stress and many other memories that will always be there. However, I have always said that I was not going to keep much contact with all of them once school was over but now that is very hard. I wanted to end it now as we had a great time together all of us during the graduation dinner but it's very difficult thinking of excuses not to go to things that I've been invited and I feel like I choose not to have friends. 


That really makes me feel like I am very selfish and ungrateful but if I think about it that is actually how I feel right now. There are some people who I just don't want to be friends with, they will always be my acquaintance and I will always be there if they need me but I don't want to have to meet up with them every week or so...


I have always been very independent friends wise and I always say that you are always alone than with bad company but now I am just confused about what I am doing. It could either be a mistake or the right decision!


Good thing is, last exam tomorrow! 


I hope you are having a nice summer,

No comments:

Post a Comment